Setting Guild Bank Permissions
- The guild bank tab
- The guild rank.
- View Tab: Checking this box will allow members in the selected rank to look at the selected tab in the guild bank. This can be useful to turn off to prevent new members from seeing what is in the bank before they have proven themselves trustworthy.
- Deposit Items: Checking this box will allow members in the selected rank to deposit items in the selected tab. This can limit the amount of junk in your bank by limiting who can add to it.
- Withdraw Items: The value placed here determines how many stacks of items per day a member in the current rank can remove from the current tab. This is not based on the size of the stack, so a single item and a stack of 20 items both count as one stack.
Known Issue with Guild Bank Withdrawal Limits
There is an issue where Guild Bank permissions can become stuck when joining a new guild, Guild Leaders should manually re-adjust permissions to ensure desired settings. We hope to have this addressed in an upcoming patch.
Preventing Guild Bank Theft
- Make sure your lowest rank (the one players default into when you invite them into the guild) has little or no access to the guild bank. This will prevent a newly invited player from being able to take a bunch of items and leave.
- Be sure to limit who can promote characters in the guild to people you know and trust very well. Laying down ground rules on promotions, and being sure anyone with the ability to promote can be trusted to follow those rules will further go a long way in protecting your items (especially when combined with rank by rank permissions).
- When inviting a character that is an “alt” of a current member, make sure you verify that this character really is an “alt” by either getting the name from the current member while they are on the character already in the guild, or by having them log into the character they already have in the guild before promoting the alt (the alt can be promoted while offline, so all you need to do is invite it into the no access rank and have them swap characters).
It is also possible to mandate certain ranks be required to have an authenticator if desired. This is recommended for anyone with bank access. If an authenticator is added to an account, or a character is newly joined to a guild, it will take approximately 72 hours before they can be promoted to a rank requiring the account have an authenticator and this is on a per character basis.How to preventing Guild Bank Theft in WoW,